Tuesday, September 24, 2013

5 Ways to Feel More Sexy, Beautiful, Comfortable & Confident in Your Own Skin TODAY


Can you relate?

I found this in a journal from high school. And I'm looking at this picture now, thinking, I actually look pretty sexy! I was worried about that belly "hanging out"? To be honest, I was.

Flip through any women's magazine for a glimpse of the photo-edited feminine beauty standard. Unrealistic models are everywhere. And they have become our Models. You don't need a magazine to know what I'm talking about, do you?

Back in high school, I wanted that. Bad. I was in a constant battle with my body. I spent most of my life sucking my belly in to look sexy. Or exercising non-stop. Or only eating vegetables. Maybe you've been there - it's no way to live! To battle with your body feels powerless, will-less, miserable and frustrating.

When do we get to define and be our own flavor of sexy, of beautiful?

When do we get to feel comfortable and confident living in our own skin?

When do we get to love and partner with our bodies?

Never, if we hold ourselves up to the impossible and improbable.
Never, if we believe the messaging that we're never good enough.
Never, if we constantly judge ourselves and each other.
Never, if we're always sucking it in, and ignoring its signals.

But we CAN choose to feel sexy and beautiful, comfortable and confident
RIGHT NOW, if we decide it's not something someone else gets to define.
Right now, if we choose to love ourselves just as we are.
Right now, if we allow our imperfections to be the most beautiful parts of us.
Right now, if we give ourselves permission.
Right now, if we change our minds to be our body's best friend, and let it be ours.

5 Ways to Feel More Sexy, Beautiful, Comfortable & Confident in Your Own Skin TODAY:
(Sarah Jenks of Live More Weigh Less is a HUGE inspiration for this list! Check her out!)

  1. Wear clothes that you feel amazing in, that flatter your body. Don't have any? Don't wait to "lose that weight" ... decide you deserve to feel amazing NOW. Buy something new today if you have to. Love those curves up!
  2. Do your hair. Moisturize your skin. Wear red lipstick. Dab on your favorite scent. Taking care to adorn your body is an affirmation of love! Sarah wisdom: A lot of us get nervous about drawing attention to ourselves. It can feel vain, uncomfortable and even dangerous. I need you to know that it is empowering, safe and fun to add a little flare to your face. I think you'll see that this simple act will completely change your whole day.
  3. Stand up straight. Walk with your shoulders back and your chest out for a whole day. Breathe in the air! Flirt with the world. What you project, you get reflected back. Try it right now... feels different doesn't it? And yes, I fake it 'til I make it. All the time.
  4. Get dressed up, heels and all, for no reason whatsoever. As Sarah Jenks would say: If people ask you what's the occasion, say "I decided that it's time to start dressing how I feel." Own it.
  5. Drink green juice and smoothies. These feel more powerfully energizing than coffee to me. My current favorite green smoothie = half a cucumber, one apple, 6 kale leaves, a handful of mint, juice of a lemon, half a cup of blueberries, 2 tablespoons of ground flax. Be flexible. When you get in your greens, you'll feel light, lively and high up on top of the world. And proud of yourself, as you should!
What are you choosing to do today?
How does it feel?? Share a picture or comment below!

1 comment:

  1. Yes!!!! Drink green juice and smoothies. You can feel more powerfully energizing than coffee.

    Regards,
    Goji berry Juice

    ReplyDelete